Why Customer Experience?
Customer Experience (CX) is at the center of each company’s agenda while deciding on their future business models, products and services, or marketing and promotions. With customers at the center of decision making, businesses are focussing on cultivating customer trust. The cultivation aligns a business with the needs of the customers and sets it on a true-growth path.
Below are a few trends globally that have made these companies realize that they need to change their approach towards growing the company -• Need for a single view of a Customer
• Selling Services rather than Products to increase the Lifetime Value of each Customer
• Delivering the same experience to a customer, whether online or offline
• Delivering a personalized experience to a customer
Due to these factors, companies now realize that customer relationship and customer experience should be the prime focus to stay relevant in the present and grow exponentially in the future. Without offering a consistent experience to a customer, businesses have inconsistent and fractured processes and services. These are capable of affecting the loyalty of a customer that have taken years to build. Customers deal with one business and want a simple, single transaction to revolve around them. Moreover, they don’t care about the internal challenges a company may face in delivering that.
What is SAP-CX?
SAP Customer Experience (SAP CX) is developed with those customers in mind. It provides a holistic experience to each customer at all stages in the customer journey, irrespective of the stages they are. SAP CX is a suite that comprises five modules - SAP Marketing Cloud, SAP Commerce Cloud, SAP Sales Cloud, SAP Service Cloud, and SAP Customer Data Cloud. Each of these clouds can work independently and together as well.
With these five clouds, SAP CX covers the entire lifecycle of a customer's journey. SAP CX provides integration and insights from SAP Marketing Cloud; solidity and scale from SAP Commerce Cloud; smoothness of transaction, configuration, pricing, presenting quote solution and continuity of service from SAP Sales Cloud; great field service and customer engagement from the SAP Service Cloud; and customer identity management customer from the SAP Customer Data Cloud. With all these clouds working together, a customer can have a seamless experience right from awareness and consideration stage to the nurturing stage, passing through the payment and receipt. Likewise, business processes are linked to connect lead, opportunity, and quote through fulfillment and invoicing.
Image Source: SAP
SAP Marketing Cloud -
SAP Marketing Cloud lets a business attract and engage with customers to increase reach, generate demands and thereby, conversions. The product empowers a business to communicate across various channels, deliver personalized experiences and drive growth and revenue, making sure that customer satisfaction stays at an all-time high.
Below are certain high-level features of SAP Marketing Cloud -
Develop the dynamic, trusted customer profile, gain deep insights into performance, and optimize marketing while orchestrating the best-run, end-to-end customer experiences.
1. Personalized experiences with built-in machine learning and prediction algorithms -
• SAP Marketing Cloud uses embedded machine learning algorithms to identify the target audiences and determine the best products, offers, and campaigns for them. It then allows for campaign designs around that information to reap great ROI
2. Single view of the customer throughout the system -
• It creates a 360-degree view of the customer with data from all other systems like sales, service, commerce and even from other offline channels.
3. Centralized Performance Management for Marketing and Marketing ROI -
• It features easy to comprehend dashboards to help in deciding what works and what doesn’t.
• It can assimilate digital data with the ones collected from offline activities to provide a holistic view.
• Allows for an understanding of hits and misses with closed-loop measurement of digital and offline marketing activities in a single view.
• Allows for multi-touch attribution to accurately measure each channel’s impact – and optimize marketing activities accordingly
4. Modern marketing planning and data-driven decisioning
• With real-time information about the budgets, product availability, and expenses, making decisions becomes easy with all the data
• With this data, it brings in a lot of transparency in marketing plans and processes to display goals clearly.
SAP Commerce Cloud -
SAP Commerce Cloud is a feature-rich commerce platform that includes product content management, order management, personalization and experience management all packed in one. It is flexible to support different go-to-market models like B2C, B2B, and B2B2C. SAP Commerce Cloud includes many prebuilt integrations to SAP core business systems and other solutions within the SAP Customer Experience portfolio. Besides, it offers accelerators for industry-specific capabilities for a variety of verticals.
With this, a business can deliver personalized commerce experiences, accelerate the time-to-market, and reduce total cost of ownership.
Features -1. Single platform
• A single and comprehensive platform that provides end-to-end commerce solution including personalized commerce experience.
2. Built-in flexibility
• Comes with a microservices based architecture which provides the flexibility to innovate, differentiate, and test different types of drives for conversion.
3. Industry specific
• Offers accelerators for industry-specific capabilities for a variety of verticals like retail, travel, telco, financial services, etc. to reduce time-to-market
4. B2C, B2B, and B2B2C
• Allows for a single platform to support different go-to-market models: direct to consumers (B2C), indirect via distributors or resellers (B2B2C), or selling to organizations (B2B)
5. Pre-built Integrations
• Comes with pre-built integrations to SAP S/4HANA, SAP ERP, SAP Marketing Cloud, SAP • Customer Data Cloud, SAP Service Cloud, SAP Digital Payment, and many others.
6. Omni-Channel Fulfilment
• Has the capability to provide omnichannel fulfillment to the customer and provide them a choice between collection or delivery and hassle-free returns
Displays all order information in one place and has precise visibility of stock
SAP Sales Cloud -
The AI-powered CRM platform, SAP Sales Cloud has mobile at its heart. With the power to personalize buyer engagement over mobile, the SAP Sales Cloud empowers the sales team to close more deals faster. In addition, the integrated lead-to-cash process makes it easy for the sales team to align with the business goals. Even the sales managers benefit, the insights on sales pipeline, forecasts, and even individual deals allow the managers to coach their respective team on the next best action. To help the frontline sales team deliver a perfect execution, the SAP Sales Cloud offers a blend of the front end and back office information.
1. Sales Force Automation
• Sales Cloud allows the sales team to spend more time selling rather than in other stuff.
• It allows them to create more leads and pursue leads with a higher probability of closing by giving them the information they need when they need it for customer engagement.
2. Sales Performance Management
• It helps to convert all the sales strategy into actionable tasks which provide the sales team clear objectives and goals, motivate them to drive revenue and achieve their target.
3. Configure Price Quote
• The Sales Cloud provides information like the most selling products, most frequent buyers including when they bought it and at what price. This, along with the pricing intelligence will help the sales teams find pricing trends.
4. Capitalize on the experience economy
• Delivers optimized customer outcomes founded on a 360-degree customer view and channelized through an intelligent billing solution that works in an omnichannel environment to monetize innovative, timely and experience-rich offers.
5. Sales Enablement and Learning
• Not only provides a great buying experience for the customer but also provides coaching and shares intelligent information that helps the sales close deals.
6. Retail Execution
• Lets a business bring the right product, for the right price, at the right time to the right customers and create a consistent and engaging retail experience at the shelf.
SAP Service Cloud -
SAP Service Cloud allows a customer to engage with a business from wherever, and still complete the process all the way to the billing. Businesses can deliver on the customer promises in every step of her journey. Reducing the call-center costs, increasing the efficiency of the service teams and connecting the field service value chain with a deep understanding of customer needs, SAP Service Cloud helps in creating an end-to-end service experience for the customers.
1. Omni-Channel Call Center
a) The Omni-channel call center orchestrates the omnichannel customer service seamlessly and with the help of the AI-powered chatbots, you can get quick answers for your front office engagements as well as the back office processes. Thus, transforming this into a true customer-engagement center.
Below are its features -
b) Harmonize your service processes
• 24/7 service with AI chatbots
• Truly omnichannel service
• Motivate your employees
• Initiate a full feedback loop
2. Proactive Field Service
a) With the Proactive Field Service, you can keep the customers informed about their services status, do demand prediction and also equip your service technicians with the right knowledge and tools on the go.
b) Below are its features -
• Deliver Smart Analytics with ML and IoT
• Redefine Self-Service
• Create an On-Demand Service Network
SAP Customer Data Cloud -
SAP Customer Data Cloud helps businesses securely identify consumers across devices and channels. Simultaneously, it allows for driving registrations and engagement, offering the customers their right to manage consents and permissions throughout their lifecycle. This helps in transforming the data into a unified customer profile that a business can govern, orchestrate and analyze from a central and secure environment. Allowing the customers to manage their personal data, SAP Customer Data Cloud establishes a more secure and privacy-friendly digital ecosystem for a business and its customers that helps in the growth of audience, boost in conversion, and development of long-term brand loyalty.
1. SAP Customer Identity
• Customer login and registration, including social-media login, is seamless and can also be customized.
• It gathers and protects the customer’s data, only what they have agreed to share to enhance and provide a more personalized experience to that customer.
2. SAP Customer Consent
• Manages regional data protection regulations, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Offers full lifecycle consent management to enhance customer trust by making online transactions more transparent.
• Has a preference center for customers to let them have control over their own data
3. SAP Customer Profile
• Brings together a variety of attributes into a single unified profile to make overall customer management easier across applications and services.
• Allows for an integrated and a stable digital ecosystem that runs on a centrally governed customer accounts and data management.
• Makes for effective in-moment marketing through data analysis
When it comes to setting up a business or introducing new models for the future that is focussed on growth, all planning, analysis, and execution should be conceived and built around customer experience. Therefore, business will need an all-encompassing system that offers business benefits, respects customers’ privacy, and fosters a long-term relationship.
To be in that intersection, the system needs to be modular and agile that can extend itself with different microservices architecture to suit the continuous delivery of new business services. The system should be able to work with both front end and back office data backed with the AI to offer personalized experience at scale. And in tandem should be able to work by breaking all silos and deliver a unified platform to securely manage customer profiles, run customer-centric processes and orchestrate customer journey. SAP CX fits in this space like a glove. It’s open, modular, secure, and runs on a unified platform that manages customers’ privacy and consent on the one hand, and delivers customer-centric processes to bring in better outcomes for the business at the other.In brief, for the believers, it’s a godsend, and for the non-believers, it’s taking the next step to secure the growth of their business in the future.